I always thought grief wouldn't hit me hard because I'm a rather... Indifferent person. And I was proved wrong. I'm a firm believer of counseling grief through humor, but not this time. I can't even crack a joke. I've told my friends, I've received words of comfort, they made me feel a little better and made me realize, that grief and pain doesn't have to be faced alone.
The reason why I have chose to write about it here is because writing makes me feel better, improves my mood a bit. I never realized how good it felt to not hold all the grief inside and just cry it all out. And his death has given me a revelation of sorts, to seize the day and just live life at its fullest. As I have always said, "Don't let grief and sorrow slow you down and stop you. Turn it into power and make yourself grow stronger, and go even further."
To all of you that had lost a loved one, I'm sure they would like you to be happy. Kestrel, out.
No comments:
Post a Comment